Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TX200 Vs Pro Sport in .22 advice

I remember ordering a brand new PS a few years ago. Took 3 months to arrive..sold it within 2 weeks. Like many have said previously, it just wasn't for me. I then had one in an exhibition walnut stock and Vglided..had that a month and swapped it for a pro elite. PS is just one of those rifles I just don't gel with. Mach 1.5

I have a Prosport and a TX200HC both in .22 calibre, both are unmodified guns. Out of the two I find the TX easier to cock and load the pellet. The underlever on the Prosport is a little easier to close up due to not having the anti bear trap button. Which shoots the best, it comes down to personal preference. In my opinion the Prosport shoots marginally better but ask someone else and they may prefer the TX. Out of the box I've found the only springer I own to come anywhere close is the Walther LGV Master Pro, this includes HW35, HW77, HW80, HW95, HW97 and HW99

I have both Prosports and TX's.
    Two of the best springer ever made.
    No problem shooting either or either cal.
    If I had to sell any..the Prosport.22 and TX in .177
    would be last
    Should i need to to loose off 100's of shots at a time, I just use a bottle gun .
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Tx v PS

Its all down to personal choice so try before you buy. Only you can decide if you want one or not? Not how many of us on here say, do it, don't do it.
    Mach 1.5

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Prosport all day long, I shot a TX at the bash yesterday and realised how much of a faff the cocking and loading process is, much prefer the Prosport.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    I'm presently thinking along similar lines but a TX long barrel in .22 Cal. against a .22 cal. Prosport !
    I'm erring towards the TX because of the loading issue and I've yet to own and shoot the longer barrelled version !

However, as the above members have said, the Prosport is a stunning air rifle to look at !
    Since I typed this post I'm now edging towards a .22 Cal. Prosport. I find the calibre on release to have a more "laid back" sort of effect as opposed to the urgent "snap" of the .177 and I can't deny it somehow.
    Another pulling factor is that AA didn't produce the PS in a left handed version for many years so as now they do, I'm preferring the Prosport.

As for the TX, maybe someday a long barrelled version will come along one way of the other but I'm in no rush !
    “An airgun or two”………

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Another pulling factor is that AA didn't produce the PS in a left handed version for many years so as now they do,
    It looks like that they have been discontinued

Does anyone know where a sling would fit on the front of a PS?

TX Vs Pro Sport in .22; not as nice as my Pro Elite
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    It looks like that they have been discontinued

Does anyone know where a sling would fit on the front of a PS?
    Barrel band around the shroud normally, personally I think slings look awful on the PS.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in